SIX SCHOLARSHIPS TO ATTEND THE THREE-YEAR PH.D. PROGRAMME URBEUR-QUASI
SIX (6) scholarships to attend the three year Ph.D. Programme in Urban and Information Studies (URBEUR-QUA.SI.) at the Department of Sociology and Social Research of the University of Milano Bicocca.
The Department of Sociology and Social Research of the University of Milan – Bicocca, Italy, is offering 6 Ph.D. scholarships to attend its Ph.D. Programme in Urban and Information Studies, a European doctoral programme that is networked with a number of outstanding European Universities: Sciences-Po Paris, London School of Economics, Humboldt Universität Berlin, King’s College London, Universitat de Barcelona, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
The URBEUR-QUA.SI. European doctoral programme aims to serve as a benchmark for excellence in urban and information studies. URBEUR-QUA.SI. offers scholars, researchers and professionals a programme of study designed to deliver a broad and thorough grounding in the field along with the skills to develop a specific areas of expertise. Special emphasis is placed on the acquisition of interdisciplinary competences.
Intensive teaching classes and seminars are designed to provide:
- in-depth knowledge of the social sciences, focusing in particular on new theoretical and research directions in urban sociology, the transformations of local and national welfare systems, globalisation processes and their impact on cities, the new inequalities, urban segregation, and urban policies in general; impact of new technologies, social innovation and networks; environment, space and society.
- advanced quantitative and qualitative methodological skills, suitable for conducting territorial comparative research;
- acquisition of language skills to perform at a professional level in a global environment.
Co-tutorships and joint degrees with partner universities as well as long term research stays at European universities are encouraged.
The majority of instruction will be in English. Tuition fees are very low and scholarships are adequate to cover living expenses in Milan. Scholarships will be augmented by 50% for authorized research time spent abroad.
Candidates are requested to send the following documents, along with the application:
- Research project (max 1000 words)
- Complete CV (with publications list)
An interview will follow (the interview can be done also via video-conference, e.g. Skype)
Italian call: bando31ciclo
English call: Call 31